School Health Services
This section includes information concerning school health issues. Under Forms you will find a Medication Authorization Form and a Health Assessment Form. Documents include information regarding:
- Too Sick For School
- Medications at School
- Immunization Requirements
School Nurse services include:
- Medication administration
- Routine identification & evaluation of sickness
- First aid/emergency care
- Health assessments & referrals - Vision, Hearing & Scoliosis screening
- Health & Wellness - Education & Counseling for student and faculty
- Infection control
- Student Advocate
Websites for Parents
- Center for Disease Control - www.cdc.gov
- Alabama Department of Public Health - www.adph.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics - www.aap.org
- Kids Health - www.kidshealth.org
"Parents have the responsibility for the health of their child(ren). You are strongly encouraged to communicate any health concerns with your child(ren)'s School Nurse. Together we can help you child(ren) succeed."
~Donna Grantham R.N. Lead Nurse
George W. Long Elementary - (334)774-0021
George W. Long High School- ( 334)774-2380
~Kim Ingram L.P.N.
Ariton School (334)726-2371
Jazmine Harper L.P.N.
Dale County High School- (334)983-3541
~Hope Smith L.P.N.
Midland City Elementary School- (334)983-4591
~Jennet Ammons L.P.N.
Newton School- (334)299-4591
~Amy Gulledge L.P.N.
South Dale Middle School- (334)983-3077