The mission of Dale County Schools is to develop life-long learners who have personal, economic, technological and social skills needed to be member of a global society.
Athletic Venue Announcement for Dale County Schools
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) recommend that spectators be allowed to attend football games and other athletic events, but also recommend that the school administration reduce the number in attendance to abide by the state’s current Safer at Home public health order. The following will be implemented at Dale County School’s athletic events this fall to be in compliance with guidelines issued by the ADPH and AHSAA:
- Spectators may not congregate within 6 feet of a person from another household – the six-foot distancing rule for spectators will require Dale County Schools to reduce attendance at our three football stadiums and four gymnasiums.
- Spectators must wear a mask or other facial covering that covers the nostrils and mouth at all times while within 6 feet of person from another household. Limited exceptions are allowed, such as for children who have not yet entered second grade and for people with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a facial covering – Dale County Schools will require facial coverings for admittance to athletic events.
- This guidance is created to mitigate - not eliminate - the risk of COVID-19 - at risk individuals are discouraged from attending athletic or school events.
- All persons with symptoms of COVID-19 and all persons with known exposure to a COVID-19 positive case should NOT attend athletic or school events.
- Persons who are awaiting test results for COVID-19 should NOT attend athletic or school events.
- Spectators are attending at their own risk and must take personal responsibility.